Application is open all over the year
The application submission deadline for the coming round is
6th of August 2017
If you already have an account and you need to edit your
New Entry Process
If you have a business plan and a prototype and you are looking for incubation
at one of TIEC's incubator centers. Now you can apply to TIEC incubation at
any time during the year. Every three months, the submitted applications
will be evaluated and an invitation for pitching will be sent to the preliminary
accepted teams. The teams who will pass the pitching will be incubated at one of
TIEC's incubation centers for one year.
The duration of TIEC's incubation is one year and the Physical Incubation
package consists of the following:
- Up to 120K EGP of in-kind services such as consultancy services, software,
hardware and marketing.
- A working space with basic furniture and Internet Access.
- Basic hardware and software tools during incubation time.
- Access to technical, subject-matter advisory, business consulting and
Accept terms and conditions
In order to proceed with your
application process, you need first to accept TIEC's terms and conditions.
Create your login account
You can use your login account
later on if you need to do any modifications or editing in the submitted
Apply and Submit your business plan
Your application process ends by
submitting your application form and uploading your business plan.
If you don't have a business plan, you can use
business plan template to prepare your business plan.
Business Plan Deadline
6th of August 2017
preliminary accepted applications
15th of August 2017
Interviews with shortlisted teams
(TIEC's Accelerator Program
graduates are exempted from this phase based on performance feedback
received from the accelerator team and will pass directly to the
20th,21st of August 2017
Interviews results and
call for pitching
24th of August 2017
30th of August 2017
15th of September 2017
1st of October 2017
TIEC'sincubation is all about finding and supporting innovative startups with
high commercialization potential. Therefore, for the project to be adequate for
incubation, project must score well on the following set of criteria:
- ICT-based or ICT-related: The project must be serving any of the
broad ICT categories or related to any of its vast inclusions.
- Innovativeness: The project must be original, new and an advancement
to any of the solutions readily-available in the marketplace or industry.
- Readiness:The project must be supported by a working prototype (Full
conceptual ideas will not be considered).
- Entrepreneur-led:The project must be created, conceptualized and led
by young entrepreneurs or those who have entrepreneurial traits. Undergraduates
are not eligible for incubation and fresh graduates should have the needed
skills as well as dedication and commitment in order to be incubated and the
team size should be at least two members. Moreover, the team should be
dedicating their full time/efforts to lead the project.
- Solving a real problem: Idea must be offering a smarter or cheaper
or upgraded or better solution to a real market problem than the existing
solutions or solving a future problem or need.
- Using Information Technology as a core product or as an enabler to
provide a service: the project needs to be focusing on developing a
technology related product or providing a service related to any sector but
through developing a tool using information technology as an enabler such as
developing a mobile/web application, a platform or a software etc.
- Commercialization Potential: The project must be commercializable in
nature and supported by a clear vision on how to penetrate the target market(s)
and how it shall grow from there.
- Economic Viability:The project should offer an economically
compelling proposition for investors or incubators.
- Scalability: The project should have the potential to grow among
significant market sectors and within multiple verticals or layers.
- Status: Either teams with prototypes/ proof of concept or startups
that have been in business in less than one year can apply.
- The uniqueness of the proposed service/product and its commercialization
- Clearly defined target markets preferably large markets with high growth
- A well defined competitors analysis.
- The competitive advantage of the service/ product.
- The skills and expertise of the management team.
- The prototype maturity
- The submitted business plan should at least include a clear
understanding of the following:
- Problem and/or gap in the market and/or need and/or opportunity
- The Solution with all its features/ description and its current status
- The prototype current status (include all images and links)
- Market size, core and adjacent markets and the targeted market
- Competitors and the startup competitive edge
- Teams skills, experience and qualification
- The business model, revenue streams and value proposition
- Got to market, sales and marketing strategies and channels and the plan to
acquire the targeted market
- Financial projection
- At least one year business and technical comprehensive milestones
The passing grade in the business plan and pitching is 75%.
# of jobs created in incubated companies