The Practical Innovation Workshop will address the following Topics:
- Introduction: Technology is Worthless: Why Good Ideas and Inventions are Not Enough
- Finding New Opportunities: The Art of Facilitated Brainstorming
- Identifying Market Needs: The Importance of Effective Market Research and Competitive Intelligence
- Creating Business and Technology Plans and Roadmaps
- Leveraging Technology to Develop New Income Streams: Technology Outlicensing and Partnering
- How to Resist the Temptation to Diversify Too Early: The Importance of Maintaining Focus
About The Speaker:
Dr. Mitchell Halpern, He is Business Development Executive in IBM, responsible for the Technology and Intellectual Property, Licensing of non-core IBM assets in software and services to companies around the globe and Leading , business development, and project design in the area of IP management strategy and tools for companies and research institutions internationally.
He was the Director of Technology Commercialization and Economic Development at University of Missouri--St Louis , Principal at Strategos, Vice President, Managing Director at Halpern Consulting, Director, Technology Management at Kline & Company, Principal/Founding Partner at SRI Consulting Business Intelligence, Principal at SRI Consulting, and Senior Consultant at SRI International.