Innovation & Entrepreneurship have become a
key driver of equitable economic growth, and have immense
potential as a generator of employment opportunities.
Therefore, developing culture and skills of entrepreneurial
thinking within the communities in which we live and work
has become a focus for governments and societies worldwide.
One of the main mandates of Technology Innovation and
Entrepreneurship Center (TIEC) is to promote innovation and
entrepreneurship in the ICT sector in Egypt.
InnovEgypt Impact Report 2018
"Innovation & Entrepreneurship" have become a key
driver of equitable economic growth, and have immense
potential as a generator of employment opportunities.
Therefore, developing culture and skills of
entrepreneurial thinking within the communities in which
we live and work has become a focus for governments and
Why "Innovation &
Entrepreneurship" Education is Important?
One of the main mandates of Technology
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (TIEC)
is to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the ICT
sector in Egypt.
Among many strategic initiatives that have been
developed to contribute to this promotion come the
capacity building programs. Capacity building programs
are directed to students to provide the necessary
education and training in the area of innovation and
entrepreneurship that the current education system
lacks. Building on global studies' recommendations to
embed entrepreneurship education early at university
stage, while expanding the government support for
innovation and entrepreneurship, TIEC has taken the
initiative to launch an ambitious program under the name
of InnovEgypt with the aim of providing widespread
education and training in the area of innovation, and
What is InnovEgypt
- Helping students to develop entrepreneurial
capabilities that can be applied in a range of contexts.
- Encouraging students to consider new venture
creation and self-employment as valid graduate career
- Helping students to develop awareness of
intellectual assets and enhance their capacity to manage
and exploit them.
- Increasing the number of graduate start-up
- Providing valuable employees for local companies.
- Building the community network.
- Regional economic growth.
InnovEgypt Program is a training program in the area of
innovation and entrepreneurship directed to university
students in ICT specializations who are aspiring to be
future innovators and entrepreneurs, either through
establishing their own innovative start-ups or through
manifesting skills that are highly required by local and
InnovEgypt is a program that consists of 3 Main modules:
- 1. Innovation & Technology Management Module [2
Days]: This module is considered as the base on
which the whole program is built upon. It gives the
students a clear understanding of innovation, types,
means, importance, sources, models, and how to switch
thinking and business direction in to an innovative one.
Plus supporting the students with the most important
methods, means, tools, real life examples that will help
them through the way. Then, linking innovation with new
ICT technologies and how to discover, predict, and use
new modern technology to create innovative ideas. I
- 2. Ideation Module [2 Days]: Egypt Ideation
is the first of its kind in Egypt, where student will
learn how to generate ideas and to create innovative
solutions to some of the greatest problems in Egypt and
the world! During the module the student will learn how
to become a great innovator and we will give you an
important task to solve. As the world needs innovators
and entrepreneurs who can create solutions for today's
- 3. Entrepreneurship 101 Module [2 Days]:
This module covers the basic concepts of
entrepreneurship and provides detailed training on the
essential tools required by potential entrepreneurs to
start up their new small businesses and inspire students
to become a successful great entrepreneur. It also
developing entrepreneurial skills that are highly
required by local and multinational companies.
InnovEgypt program aims at creating an Egyptian base of qualified calibers of
potential innovators and entrepreneurs by providing widespread training in
innovation and technology management and in entrepreneurship for undergraduates
based on best practices and lessons learned. The main objectives of the program
- Introducing the basic knowledge of innovation and
- Enabling students to generate innovative ideas
addressing real challenges using structured
- Learning about Innovation protection through
intellectual property (IP) rights and its related topics
as copyrights, patents, trademarks, and IP exchange.
- Developing entrepreneurial skills through
introducing the basic concepts of entrepreneurship and
applying interactive learning for using essential tools
required to start up new businesses.
InnovEgypt program targets university students in any ICT specialization who are
finished their 2nd academic year at least.
Eligible students should meet the following criteria:
- Student of: Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of
Computer and Information Science, Faculty of Science -
Computer Section, Engineering Institutes and Faculty of
Commerce- Information Systems.
- Students who are finished their 2nd academic year at
least. Priority will be given to students who will carry
out their graduation project in the current academic
- The student must be registered in Egypt Innovate
- Active participation in student organization inside
university and/or volunteering and social activities
- Leadership skills and the ability to work within a
- Interest to be a technology entrepreneur.
- Good command of English language.
- Participants must commit to attend the entire camp
program (6 days – from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm).
Important note: you will be asked to submit an a copy of your ID and an official
document proving your academic situation.
Before start registration, please scan or photo by your mobile any of the
following university official document: currently university ID, last semester
result, academic statement ... etc.).
Without this step you will not be able to complete your registration.
As a Student
Students who are eligible to register will go through
the following process:
- First, If you didn't register before in
EgyptInnovate platform, please register in EgyptInnovate
platform via the following link:
- You will receive an email containing your serial number. Please record and
keep it. You will use it in the next step.
- Completing the
- The best 75 students from each university will be
selected to attend the program.
- You will be contacted through your email to confirm
- Confirm your acceptance using the link provided in
the email. Please
do not confirm unless you are sure and intend to
participate because we need an actual count of real
- Final list for each venue will be announced on the
event page on our Facebook page.
- Please be on time! We will start at 09:00 am. So
please come at least 30 minutes early to getting
registered and get your materials.
- You may asked to submit an official academic
document, proving your academic year and grade, to the
- (You will be informed with more details through
email or our
The program will be initially implemented in fourteen places according to the
following time table: