The Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (TIEC) became a member of the Arab ICT Incubators and Technoparks Association (ARTECNET) on April 9th ,2015.
The idea of establishing the Arab Network of Incubators and Technology Parks “ARTECNET” was ignited in the meeting which was held in Tunisia at the end of 2013 within the agenda of the “CIT For All” forum.
The idea became functional by the end of the meeting held in June 2014 and graciously hosted by the Algerian “National Agency for Promoting & Developing Technology Parks” in its “Sidi Abdullah” Technology Park.
During this meeting, members of the Constituent Assembly in Algeria agreed to establish an Arabic network for incubators and technology cities called “The Arabic Network for Incubators and Technology Cities – ARTECNET” , its main objectives are:-
- Unifying efforts in developing fields of Science and Technology and applying them in the Arab region.
- Establishing joint ventures between the Arab countries as well as spreading the knowledge and exchanging experiences between them.
- Building the skills and competencies in the field of establishing and running the incubators and the technology parks in the Arab World.
- Identifying the regional and the international members.
- Developing cooperation and exchanges with similar networks at regional and international levels.
During the Arab ICT Incubators and Technoparks Association (ARTECNET) annual meeting which took place on April 9th, 2015 in Egypt, the Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (TIEC) along with six other entities have joined the ARTECNET as new members in the network.