Electronic Design Automation Support (EDAS) Program
The Electronic Design Automation Support (EDAS) program subsidizes availing EDA
tools for startup, micro, small, and medium companies working in designing and
producing PCBs and ICs as per the following criteria:
- The program duration is 3 years starting from 2015
- TIEC and the beneficiary company share the tool cost
whereas the max subsidy paid by TIEC and its max subsidy percentage depend on
the company categorization; whether startup, micro, small, or medium.
- TIEC pays its cost share directly to the EDA tools
vendors or their representatives after receiving the payment claim in its name
from the vendor and after receiving the payment receipt depicting the company’s
payment of its cost share dated after its acceptance in the program.
- Beneficiary companies are determined through public
competitive calls announced every two months where a specialized committee
evaluates the applications and announces those accepted and those refused.
- EDA tools vendors will be selected based upon: being
reputable and internationally known in the field, at least three local companies
request their tools, and their acceptance of participation in the program with
preferably large discounts on their price list.
- The subsidy return is evaluated annually and TIEC has
the right to cancel remaining subsidy amounts and/or to exclude the beneficiary
company from any ITIDA program if the target return has not been achieved.
- Transfer/trading/using the tools out of the EDAS
program scope is prohibited.
- Local company working in designing Printed Circuits
Boards (PCBs) and Integrated Circuits (ICs).
- Company registered in ITIDA database.
- All companies approved in previous rounds are not
eligible to apply in this new round.
Max Subsidy Percentage||
Max Subsidy During Program Duration (EGP)|
(age not more than 5 years and number of employees < 10)
(number of employees < 10)
(number of employees < 50)
(number of employees < 250)
- Startup: Investment or service agreements that
total to the subsidy amount, or a cooperation and partnership agreement with a
leading entity, within a year of any subsidy reception.
- Micro, Small, and Medium: Revenue increases by
150% of any subsidy received for micro, 200% for small, and 250% for medium, by
the end of the fiscal year completed after one year from receiving any subsidy
- TIEC has the right to cancel remaining subsidy
amounts and/or to exclude the beneficiary company from any ITIDA program if the
target return has not been achieved.
- To examine the tool utilization and subsidy return
during the program, the evaluation committee may visit the beneficiary company
and/or the beneficiary company may be invited to present in TIEC.
Tool Vendor List
In alphabetical order:
- Mentor Graphics
Any tool vendor has the right to accept or reject any purchase request as per
1. Notify each Tool Vendor with the list of beneficiary companies for each EDAS
2. Receive price quotation from Tool Vendor for the needed tools and deliver it
to TIEC with the purchase request.
3. Provide purchase-acceptance letter stating the cost it will pay to complete
the purchase, for the letter to be attached to the purchase request delivered by
Beneficiary Company to Tool Vendor.
4. Submit TIEC's purchase-acceptance letter to Tool Vendor.
5. Fulfill payment of its share to some Tool Vendors, otherwise fulfill payment
6. Some Tool Vendors accept partial payment from Beneficiary Company and issue
the corresponding payment receipt.
7. Issue the payment claim to TIEC in the amount stated in TIEC’s
8. Receive the Beneficiary Company’s payment receipt for some Tool Vendors.|
9. Fulfill the payment claim delivered by Tool Vendor in the amount stated in
TIEC’s purchase-acceptance letter.
10. Issue the tool license to Beneficiary Company once the full payment
requested is fulfilled.
11. Confirm to TIEC that license has been received from the Tool Vendor.
1st Round April,2015
List of Accepted Companies
2nd Round August 2015
List of Accepted Companies
Note: The contracting is subjected to
completing the required documents.